AFTER YOU SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION FORM YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION E-MAIL.
TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION, YOU WILL NEED TO REPLY TO THIS CONFIRMATION E-MAIL AND ATTACH YOUR NUMBERED APPLICATION IMAGES TO YOUR REPLY.
PLEASE NUMBER/LABEL THESE IMAGE ATTACHMENTS TO CORRESPOND TO THE NUMBERED IMAGE LIST YOU SUBMITTED IN YOUR APPLICATION FORM. IF NECESSARY, YOU MAY DIVIDE YOUR IMAGES INTO MORE THAN ONE EMAIL REPLY.
IMAGES SUBMITTED MUST BE JPEGS. NO OTHER FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE READ PROSPECTUS TO SEE HOW IMAGES SHOULD BE TITLED / SAVED AS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING.
Calendar, Eligibility and Fees
CALENDAR: All dates are 2017
Deadline for Submission of Applications: Sat, Nov. 18 at 6:00pm CST
ELIGIBILITY: Original works created within the last ten years. All mediums and materials are eligible including video and performance. Due to space limitations, work should not exceed 24” in width; and no large projections or installations can be accepted. Submissions can be received up until the final delivery date, which is November 18th at 6:00pm
Open to all artists, nationwide and international.
Exhibition Dates: Nov. 22 – Dec. 16, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday, Dec. 1 from 6pm - 9pm
Pick-Up Work at Gallery: Sat Dec 16th from 4:30pm - 7:30pm and Sun. Dec 17th from 12pm - 4pm
Shipped Work Return Date: Thurs. Dec 21st, 12-6pm
*Pre-Paid FedEx or UPS is required.
Do not use the U.S. Postal Service.
“IT FIGURES, 2017” will be an Open Walls Exhibition, giving artists the opportunity to exhibit their work at ARC without a juror. All work submitted is accepted as long as it conforms to size limits*. Nevertheless, to keep us organized, all artist must complete the application process as requested. Open to all artists, nationwide and international.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS / HOW TO SUBMIT: Submission is a two-step process.
1) All artists must fill out an online application. Link to online application can be found on ARC’s website at www.arcgallery.org under the section “News and Events”. (An online payment for show can be paid during this step.) You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of online application.
2) The following must be submitted by email when confirmation is received.
▪ Jpegs (hi-res) of images. All images must be saved using the number corresponding to the image list on the online application form, the artists first and last initials, in capitols, and the full title of their artwork. For example: 1CKpathwaystobliss.jpg., 2CKheavensgate.jpg, etc.
▪ Please put “It figures submission” in email subject line when ready to send images to gallery email.
Gallery’s email is: email@example.com
EXHIBITION AND DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS:
• Work must arrive by scheduled dates or will not be hung.
• A label must be attached to the back/bottom of each work with name, title, medium and price.
• Work must be presented in a manner appropriate to the artwork and be equipped for presentation. If work isn’t shown in the traditional gallery sense; it should still able to be displayed in a professional manner by gallery installers per artist specifications. .
• Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of ARC for promotional purposes including but not limited to invitations, postcards, and website. Image will include attribution.
• Absolutely no Peanuts in shipping boxes!!!!
• Work must be able to remain in exhibition through exhibition dates. No work can be retrieved early.
$30 for each image (work) submitted.
If paying by check, it must be received prior to hanging.
PayPal- show fees can be paid on the gallery’s website or when filling out online application. If paying through gallery website there is a link on the home page titled “Pay application fees”. Payment can be made through this link. http://arcgallery.org/application-fees.aspx
Pay by Check- Send one check (total for all entries by one artist) made payable to ARC Gallery with the name of show and the name of the artist submitting to show written in the memo section. Send the check to: ARC Gallery, 2156 N. Damen Ave. Chicago, IL 60647.
Works will be for sale unless noted as NFS (not for sale) on the entry form. ARC does not take commission on any work sold, but will act as a liaison for sales of the artists' work. However, any work sold and paid for via Paypal will have the small fee deducted from the sale amount.
ARC exercises professional care when handling submitted work. We do not assume responsibility or liability including but not limited to accidents, damaged work, or forces of nature. Artists who feel their work is fragile should consider carrying their own personal property insurance. Again, the gallery will not assume liability for damage.
ACCEPTED WORK: SHIPPING AND DELIVERY RETURN
With the exception of hand-delivered and picked-up work, all work shipped to and from the gallery must be paid ahead-of-time by the artist.
ARC will pack and make ready for return all shipped work and schedule the pickup. However, ARC will not make any payment or handle work that has to be dropped off for return. Please enclose A PRE-PAID return shipping label with the work. This should be, and can easily be, obtained online at UPS or FEDEX websites at the time work is being shipped to gallery for exhibition.
Upon close of show, ARC will alert the chosen shipper that the work is ready for pick-up. Any checks for return shipping made out to ARC will not be accepted nor will handwritten Fed Ex shipment labels. All acceptable pre-paid labels will have a barcode for scanning purposes.
QUESTIONS: Please feel free to contact gallery, during gallery hours, should you have any questions about show, submitting work, or prospectus.
ARC Gallery and Educational Foundation
Gallery Hours: Open Wed-Sat 12-6, Sun 12-4; Closed Monday and Tuesday
2156 North Damen Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60647
MISSION STATEMENT: ARC Gallery and Educational Foundation provides a rich environment for the development of artistic potential, experimentation, education and dialogue for professional artists working in all media, including performance and installation.
As a non-profit woman-artist-run cooperative, ARC provides and subsidizes individual and group exhibition opportunities for established and emerging artists many of whom are under-represented in commercial galleries, without discrimination towards gender, race, age, class, physical/mental ability, sexual, spiritual or political orientation.